Do you ever walk into your closet and say, “ugh, I have NOTHING to wear” as you stare at racks full of clothes? I do all the time- and those are the days I have huge urges to SHOP, SHOP, SHOP….or stay home in my sweatpants. To help us all get over our closet blues and save some money- Kara and I are hosting a challenge on our blogs!
Welcome to February’s 30 for 30 Remix!
We got this idea from Kendi Everyday, and to help you understand the remix head over to her blog for a quick explanation! You can even purchase a $4.00 workbook to help you organize your outfits, ideas, etc that I HIGHLY recommend but it’s not a necessity!
1. pick 30 items from your closet! Here is what we recommend:
- 6 neutral colors. This can be in a variety of pants/shirts/tanks/skirts/shoes etc. This allows you to vary it up and not have so many colors clash!
- A few patterned tops- plaid, floral, animal print etc.
- 1 pair colored skirt/pants for a variety
- 1 pair of each: flats, heels, boots and whatever other shoe. (total of about 5)
- 4-5 layering pieces (cardigan, sweaters, blazers, etc)
- accessories such as scarves, jewelry, etc DO NOT COUNT as your 30 items and you don’t need to plan for lounge clothes after work!
- Before you get started with your outfits- take a picture of all your tops, pants, shoes. To make it easier for you- you could lay all your tops on your bed and take one picture. No need to take individual pictures unless you prefer to do it that way! ‘
- We suggest mapping out your outfits for the next 30 days so you don’t have to think about it- you can just wake up and get dressed and know you are not repeating your outfits!
- _________ (shirt) + __________ (Pants) + ___________ (shoes) on Thursday, Feb 2nd.
3. No shopping for 30 days!!!
How you can participate:
We’d love for you ALL to join us and we have some special goodies for some lucky winners! One lucky winner will get a $75.00 visa gift card and 2 of you will get one of our favorite accessories!
- Email us at email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org all of your items! This just helps us see that you are joining the challenge! (send them in as few images as possible. Group your items on the bed and send us one picture)
- Leave us a comment on one of our blogs letting us know you are participating.
- We need to know by Tuesday, Jan 31st if you are joining the challenge by doing the 2 items above!
- Send us weekly emails (see below)
- Comment on our blogs throughout the challenge letting us know how the challenge is going for you. Likes/Dislikes/what you are learning/favorite outfits. What you want to buy when this is over!
Good question folks! We are asking that you send us a weekly email showing us one of your outfits!We would like these images to be sent to us no later than Sunday before we start the following week! To help you get motivated in doing that- your weekly email will enter your name ONE more time into the drawing.
Week 1 email w/ one or more outfits = 1 entry
Week 2 email w/ one or more outfits = 1 entry
- pick 3o items from your closet!
-send us one picture of all the items you choose
-comment on our blogs telling us your are participating by Jan 31st
- Map out each of your outfits to help you stay organized and keep you motivated to finish this challenge strong!
-send us a weekly email by sunday showing us one or more of your outfits you wore this week. (from the 30 images you first sent)
-comment on one of our blogs throughout (daily if you can) letting us know how the challenge is going for you. Likes/dislikes/is it hard/what does this make you want to buy? how did you pick your outfits? comment on our outfits/